Pages

Faux Marble

Friday, February 18, 2011


I did not set out to create this marbleized look, but as I progressed it started to emerge and I went with it.  I added color veining with a paint brush rolled onto my ink pads and then twisted and dragged the paint brush across my image.  I really love the effect.  Once I was happy with it, I coated it in two layers of clear embossing powder and that really brought out the depth and colors.


Thanks for stopping by. 
Have a wonderful weekend!!



Cardstock: PTI Fine Linen, Rustic Cream
Stamps: PTI Birds of a Feather
Ink: PTI Tea Dye Duo, Memento Black and Brown, Color Box Frost White, Walnut Ink, Versamark
Other: PTI Die, Corner Rounder Punch, Ribbon

10 comments :

  1. This is stunning and a good choice for a sympathy card.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look you achieved with this technique! Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Kara! That faux marble is gorgeous! What a fun technique! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. woooowww I really like it ... how do you get two layers of embossing powder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This is just stunning. It really is beautiful, Kara!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bit different from your normal style Kara - but stunning! Looks like a fun technique. Nx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY MOLY, Kara! The technique that you created is completely fabulous, especially with those images and sentiment. So soft and peaceful , and I love the way the black ribbon makes everything pop! WOWZA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is extraordinary. It touches me deeply. Love the earth hues and the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |