Pages

ColourQ #103

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hello!  Beautiful new colors to challenge you this week from the ColourQ!!
I love this inspiration photo.  It inspired me to get out my watercolors and play around.  While I really liked the results I got, the colors (when dry) didn't really match this week's colors.  I'll save that piece and use it on another project soon:) 

Instead I came up with this card for this week's challenge.  I have decided to finally accept that summer is ending and I'm trying to embrace the coming season:)
I hope you'll join us this week.  I'd love to see what you come up with!

To create a mat for your die cut shapes like I did with the Fillable Frames, lay your die onto the paper and trace.  Since the die itself is slightly larger than the die cut it creates a perfect little border when layered together!  I learned this little tip from Sarah.
Thanks for coming by!



Cardstock: PTI Pure Poppy, Lavender Moon, Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss, Vintage Cream, First Fruits Paper
Stamps: PTI Everyday Classics, Fancy Flourishes
Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, Chamomile
Dies: Cuttlebug PC Leaf Set, Fillable Frames #10
Other: SM Ribbon, Fiskars Upper Crest Punch, Corner Rounder Punch

15 comments :

  1. Kara.......This is just beautiful! I love those non-traditional colors for the leaves, especially the lavendar! So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip on the die cut border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how fresh the leaves look in these non-traditional colors! So pretty, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love the was you mixed the colors, especially on the leaves.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! Of course! You and Sara are so clever! Going to try that today! And a really lovely autumn card. Fabulous colour palette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. I love how you layered everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun colours together! Great card, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great tip, not sure why I always think things have to be complicated, but tracing the die is so smart. I love the colors on this one, those leaves look so crisp and pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those leaves. Your card is beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card; Love the touch of lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WONDERFUL!!! Love your design with those fabulous colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is so much to love about this card...the colors, the layers, the shapes, the ribbon! It is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |