Pages

Botanical Bunch {WPlus9 February Release Day 4}

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

 
 
So far all of my cards for this release have used soft colors with a lot of pinks and blues.  I really wanted to show off the new PURECOLOR Dye Ink: The Storybook Collection.  The colors are beautiful and work so well together.  However, today my colors are bold and contrasting.  I really wanted this flower image, from Botanical Bunch, to pop.
 
 
WPlus9 Supplies
Stamps: Botanical Bunch {Available 2/5/15}, Strictly Sentiments 4  // Dies:  Sunshine Layers  {Available 2/5/15} //Cardstock: Black, White, Cupids Bow
 
I stamped this large floral bunch in Versafine black ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I then colored the images using my Copic markers.  I used YG95 and YG97 for the leaves.  I used YR04 and R08 for the small fan shaped flowers.  I used R29 and R59 for the large poppies. Finally, I used the R59 again for the small dark flowers.  I stamped a simple sentiment from Strictly Sentiments 4 and created a black frame using Sunshine Layers Dies.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today. 
What are your favorite new products?
Visit Maureen, Dawn, and Joni for more release projects and giveaways.
 
Today's Featured Products
{Available 2/5/15}
Botanical Bunch
Sunshine Layers Die

 

18 comments :

  1. Gorgeous! Love this wonderful sprig of flowers,the colors and your coloring! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly did make this image pop! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Kara! I HAVE to have this!! You colored it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cluster is just beautiful! Such a showstopper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right, those flowers really pop and they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rich bold colors are stunning Kara, fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the black embossed look with the Copic coloring. I think I'll definitely have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous coloring Kara!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous coloring Kara!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous coloring, Kara! I am loving the Sunshine Layers card! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this vibrant card! Gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!! My absolute favorite is the Sunshine Dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really rocked this design--love the bold colors! The black scalloped frame really helps the flower pop. Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You already know I'm WAY out of the loop but OMGosh...
    this is gorgeous!!
    LOVE the bold colors!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |