Pages

Monster Tags

Saturday, April 11, 2015

 
I couldn't help it.  When I looked at the dies in the Encouraging Words Die Set all I could see were monster teeth!  I decided to make a few fun birthday tags.  I posted them on Instagram and my friend's son already put dibs on one!
 
I started by die cutting the tag, from Love Showers Layers Dies, twice.  In one I die cut a circle, using Love Mom Layers, to create the mouth.  I backed the mouths with 'teeth' from the Encouraging Words Dies.  To create the monster 'eyes' I stamped to different circle images from Encouraging Words.  I added 'eyelashes' to the girl by partially inking a stamp from Botanical Bunch and the 'eyebrows' for the boy partially inking a stamp from Dream Believer!
 
The girl was dressed up with a cluster of flowers from Love Mom Layers Dies and a bow from Smart Kitty.  The boy got a simple bow tie from Smart Kitty.  The birthday sentiments are from Unforgettable.  Finally, the insides of their mouths were created by painting on WPlus9 Spray Mists {Girl: Sweet Nectar and Sweet Gelato, Boy: Lake House, Sweet Gelato, and Sweet Nectar}through a striped stencil and then die cut with Love Mom Layers circle die.

Nice to see you again. Thanks for visiting!
 

15 comments :

  1. These monster tags are so funny! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! Your monster tags are SUPER cute!! I LOVE them! Thanks for your wonderful inspiration! Sue N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good grief Kara, these couldn't be any cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I love these, Kara! Such a fun and clever way to make a tag! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how funny!! These are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and clever way to use the new stamps and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute idea! Love the mountains as teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!! These are SO clever and totally adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kara these are fabulous you totally took a creative approach to these dies! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to think outside the box! Cute. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |