Pages

WPlus9 August 2015 Release {Day 2}

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

 
 
Today's cards feature Going Places, Grateful Greetings, and Wishing You SentimentsGoing Places includes a bunch of adorable critters and I wanted to use them all, on one card! These animals are designed to fit into the hot air balloon.  The dies have some detailed cutting lines so that their arms can be on the outside of the balloon basket while their bodies are inside.  I have projects to share later where I have used them that way, but today I wanted to try something different.  My first card uses a partial die cutting technique.
 
 
 As you can see in the picture above, I placed all of the animal dies on a piece of post-it tape so that the bottom cutting line was below the tape.  This way when I position the dies on the cutting plates I can line them up with the post-it tape.  I can make sure there will be no pressure below the tape and the bottoms won't cut.  Once I ran it through my Cuttlebug, I stamped the critters.  I colored them all with Copics and added accessories from the Going Places set.  Love that adorable tiny cupcake!
 
 
WPlus9 Supplies
Stamps: Going Place, Grateful Greetings // Dies: Going Places, Love Mom Layers // Ink: Black // Cardstock: White, Black
 
I tucked a strip of black cardstock under their arms and die cut the panel with the Love Mom Layers die.  I adhered the panel on top of a black piece of cardstock cut with the same die.  I added adhesive everywhere except behind the critters.
 
 
 
Finally, I stamped the greeting from Grateful Greetings. I love sentiment sets like this with large, stand alone greetings. The fonts are beautiful and you could use these with so many stamp sets.  I can't wait to use them with  Watercolored Anemones

WPlus9 Supplies
Stamps: Going Places, Wishing You Sentiments // Dies: Gift Card Layers, Love Mom Layers, Sunshine Layers // Ink: Black // Cardstock: White, Kraft

For this card I wanted to use the Going Places hot air balloons without the critters.  It took a long time, but I used a paper piecing technique to fill in all the sections of the balloon and basket. I used 4 different patterns from a paper collection in my stash. Once all the papers were in place, I die cut the whole thing and a piece of kraft cardstock with the Sunshine Layers Die.  I also cut a piece of the patterned paper using the Love Mom Layers Die and layered them all together.  I added a simple sentiment from Wishing You Sentiments stamped onto a small stitched rectangle from the Gift Card Layers die collection.

 
Thanks so much for stopping by again today. For more inspiration and peeks at the new release visit Joni, Kelly and  Dawn at the WPlus9 Design Blog!
 
 
 
New Products Used On Today's Project 
Available August 14th!
 
Going Places
 
Going Places Companion Die

Grateful Greetings
 
Wishing You Sentiments
 

 

38 comments :

  1. Now that is a clever design, the die making it possible for the cute critters to hang over another card stock! And I love your paper piercing with the balloon baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kara, both these cards are absolutely stunning. I love the partial die cutting with those cute critters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. I love those adorable critters and the wishing you sentiments are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo fabulous cards and I just adore the first one!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so fun! Your critter card is so CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute are these cards!! What a great idea having them all lined up on the bottom of the card! Love how you used these sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top card could not be cuter, Kara! I love those little critters and how they were designed to peek over the balloon and other edges with their little arms/legs hanging out...to clever! The way you've used them here really is adorable! The balloon card is awfully sweet and cheery, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used the animals on the first card, what a fabulous idea. They are just the cutest. Also love how you used the hot air balloon stamp in the second card. Fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... two beautiful cards (and a-mazing partial die cutting!!)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those animals are just too stinkin' CUTE! I love the partial die-cutting! Such a clever idea! Your second card is fabulous too as I love the papers you used for your piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Phenomenal cards! The partial die cuts are so adorable; great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these cards - I love the partial die cutting and those paper pieced hot air balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so CUTE and LOVE the partial cuts on the little animals!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you used the partial die cuts on this. FABULOUS. I also love the fun way you stamped the balloons on patterned paper and then added them to your card. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!! I especially love the 3d-card with the little critters in a row - so CLEVER to use them like that! (And I adore that the die has those smart scores for the arms!) TFS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving how versatile you're making those critters! They are so adorable! Those paper pieced balloons are beautiful! So much work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW Kara your cards are so sweet, especially the first one. LOL It is stinkin' CUTE! Awesome stamps & dies being released, just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute cards!! Love those critters and that bow tie on the puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That paper piecing must have taken forever but it looks amazing!! I love the critters too ♡

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards! Your first card really highlights those cute little critters. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darling projects--love to see how you put your own stamp on this new WPlus9 release.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely adore the partial die cutting of those critters!!! Beautiful cards, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww how cute are these little furry friends all lined up!! LOVE LOVE your paper pieced balloons!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh gosh these are SO CUTE!! The first one is so creative, clever and absolutely adorable! The second one is amazingly lovely too!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an adorable little line-up! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love both of your cards and it would be difficult to choose between them. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love both cards. Especially those brilliantly adorable critters.

    ReplyDelete
  28. ADORABLE! Especially the going places card.

    Sherry Heier
    survivorcancer@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love those adorable little critters, Kara!!!! Both cards are so fun and sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love all those little guys with their arms hanging over the black strip, its the cutest card ever!!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |